The EHP Health Promotion (HP) Technical Working Group (TWG) was constituted in [xxx, 2012], following the recommendations from the EHP Technical Working Group at its December 2011 meeting. A need was identified to create a forum for discussions and provide recommendations on health promotion due to the increasing demand of health promotion services in both communicable and non-communicable disease control interventions. The Current HSSP also emphasizes the need to strengthen health promotion and community participation which are central to preventing the occurrence of disease, prevent secondary damage and also on rehabilitation.
The objective of the EHP Health Promotion Technical Working Group is to ensure standardized and coordinated quality health promotion interventions.
3.0. Specific Objectives
- Coordinate HP stakeholders in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HP interventions
- promote adoption of HP best practices
- Knowledge management Document HP intervention processes, products and outcomes
4.0. Key roles and responsibilities of EHP Health Promotion Technical Working Group
- Provide technical guidance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health promotion interventions.
- Advocate for adoption and integration of evidence-based health promotion approaches and interventions:
- Facilitate adoption of best practices
- Promote and guide the implementation of innovative health promotion interventions e.g. innovations from other countries; document organizations implementing new interventions; invite organization to make presentation on new innovations; provide guidance on the innovation and identify which to follow through and scale up.
- Recommend adoption of identified innovations
Periodically monitor quality and improvement of all health promotion interventions
- Monitor the dissemination of various EHP communication products to ensure correct utilization and that such product reach the targeted audiences including the underserved and most at risk populations
- Periodically invite health promotion players to present dissemination plans of their products and materials and establish opportunities for integration.
- Provide recommendations on messages and all health communication products to conform with recent developments and national needs as well as quality to all EHP implementing agencies
Oversee health promotion activities of and provide guidance where necessary.
- Vet health promotion materials and products in liaison with relevant TWGs e.g. Malaria TWG
- Promote sharing and exchange of information and experiences among implementers through holding periodic .dissemination workshops on research findings, best practices, lessons learned, and challenges and health promotion conferences.
- On quarterly basis, report to the EHP Technical working group on the progress of the health promotion programs.
- Promote knowledge management of health promotion materials and products
- Oversee storage of hardcopy materials and products
- Ensure that all SBCC needs in all communicable and non-communicable disease programs are addressed through close collaboration and coordination with the specific programs.
- Endorse resolutions made by subcommittes.
4.0. HP-TWG Composition
- Government departments and Organizations engaged in health promotion
5.0. Selection of the chairperson and co-chair
- Chairperson – HES
- Co-chair – rotation of member organization that is part of the secretariat
5.1. Duties of the Chairperson
- Updates membership list on an annual basis
- Ensures the participation of members
- Identify partners to support the meetings
- Ensure smooth deliberations of the meeting
- Delegate co-chair when absent
- Follow up on action points
- Ensure invitations are sent on time
- Ensure meetings are conducted on schedule
- Plan activities for HP TWG g. sharing of best practices
- Represent HP TWG to EHP TWG
6.0. Selection of Secretariat
- Secretariat should be elected from among member organizations
- The secretariat will be composed of 4 member organization
- The term of office will be one year